Friday, June 26, 2009

Show Us Where You Live F-R-I-D-A-Y: Master Bedroom

It's Friday again, and Kelly over at Kelly's Korner (see sidebar - have no idea how to link) is hosting Show Us Where You Live. Here is a peek into our master bedroom. I LOVE my bedroom furniture. We purchased it when we moved into our new house. The bedding on the other hand is about ready to move to the spare bedroom. With dark furniture I need to add some color. As you will also notice I need some suggestions for the bare walls.
View from the door.
Nightstand - My favorite thing here is the picture frame that says "Always kiss me goodnight" with my boys picture. A staple for all parents of toddlers/babies would also be the monitor.
My furniture was purchased at Haverty's with the exception of the chest of drawers. I found a matching piece to my bedroom suit at a Liquidators. As you can see this wall (it's angled) is in major need of something. Please leave suggestions as I am not an interior designer and just don't have the touch.Here is a picture of my boys. It is in a frame from Hobby Lobby that matches the bedroom suit - cherry with walnut inlays. So if I add other pictures on the wall do the frames need to match? Any suggestions?
Another wall that needs something. The door leads to the master bath.
Please leave suggestions and let me know what you think. It's a little drab and needs some color.

7 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Your furniture is beautiful! I think you could add gold frames in the room to give a little contrast. As for the big blank wall...what about trying to find a big metal/iron decorative type piece to put there?

Cheri said...

I love your furniture!

How to link: Once you have typed the words you want to link, highlight them (by dragging your mouse over them) and then look up to the toolbar above the posting box. The 6th option from the left is a green icon - click that. It will pop up and let you insert the URL you want to link to. Be careful, though, to make sure you only keep ONE http:// at the beginning. Most people copy and paste their link into the box, but one http:// is already there. Once they post their url, there ends up being TWO.

Also, if you want to link a photo or her button, click on the button, then click on the green icon. The box will pop up, paste in or type in her url and you are set. That button or photo will now link to the URL you entered.

Let me know if this is a clear as mud! Good luck!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Wonderful furniture!!!! Would be nice to see a darker color on your walls.

Stephanie said...

Love the furniture (especially since I helped pick it out:) I like the white comforter that Kelly picked out with the colored throw.....

Ashley said...

I Just love your bedroom furniture, it is beautiful!! Thanks for showing us around!

ajgregory said...

I LOVE your comforter! I have the same one :o) Beautiful room!

KM Studios said...

Like everyone eles said/ your furniture is awesome!!!
Browns can go with alot of colors so you have that in your favor...I always liked brown & reds together
get a couple of red pillows for the bed & maybe use red matts in your picture frames.
All & All its a very nice room!!