Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vacation - Part 1

We just got back from vacation and I got to thinking about phrases that I kept hearing (or saying) over and over  so I decided to make a list...  Here are the top four.
1.  "SLOW DOWN"  Obviously this phrase came out of my mouth ALOT!  Shannon tends to drive over the speed limit and/or what I think is too close to the cars in front of us.  With a little help from TomTom I can see exactly how fast we are going and inform him of how much he is going over the speed limit.  He really scares me when we are passing a semi and those concrete barriers are on the other side.  I think a break on the passenger side (just like they used to have in driver's ed) would be very useful.
2.  "STOP!"  See phrase #1.
3.  "How much longer?"  This is Will's interpretation of Are we there yet?  A 5-year old has no concept of 8 more hours; so inbetween, during, and after watching Karate Kid (the original) for what seems like 50 times we heard this question.
4.  "Get the map."  Shannon has some trust issues with TomTom.  Not sure why he asked me to even bother opening the map because I despise them.  I know I have a social studies emphasis, but geography is NOT my thing.  I think it's a girl thing but I like TomTom, he usually gets me close enough to my destination.  Girls tend to like landmark directions, while boys like road numbers.  Oh well!

We had a great vacation!  Actually Shannon is a great driver (don't tell him I said that).  Pictures coming soon!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Funny! I can't relate too much to most of them though - Eric is so much the better driver between us. The "Are we there yet" though, I think we all hear! Funny that you had to watch the same movie over and over. My guys usually go through a few - as a matter of fact that is how we time the trip - we tell them how many movies they will have to watch til we get there.

Hope you had a nice time and we get to see some vacation pics!

Stephanie said...

What about "watch out!"--can't wait to see the pics!